In this article you will find tips on how to insert and remove your body jewelry.
* Please note: These illustrations are not to scale and are for informational purposes only. © Copyright 2002 Tribalectic, Inc.
- Wash both your hands and the piercing with antibacterial soap (3-5 minutes).
- Pinch the skin adjacent to the piercing and insert one end of the body jewelry into one hole of the piercing (Illustration 1a &1b).
- While inserting the body jewelry, massage the opposite hole with a finger from the hand that was originally pinching (Illustration 2a &2b).
- Continue inserting and massaging until you feel the body jewelry exiting the piercing.
- Stop massaging and gently finish inserting the body jewelry.
- Either screw on or clip in your accessory (Illustration 3a & 3b).
- If you have a captive accessory, place one groove on one side of the ring and push the accessory toward the ring while pushing the ring toward the accessory (Illustration 3a).
- Once your accessory is screwed on or snapped in, clean your body jewelry one more time to reduce chances for infection.
* Remember, your body is sensitive! So please be gentle during the entire procedure.
** A hot shower or hot compress will help soften your skin before cleaning and inserting body jewelry.